So, what will a Masters get me? Possibly make me more marketable for Managerial positions? (Although as a teen I didn't like babysitting, so I doubt I will now). Maybe enable me to teach at the Community/Vocational College level? I'm just not sure. I'm also not sure if it's worth the time or the money. The money is a big issue, tuition for an out-of-state student is pretty outrageous! So I've been trying to come up with clever ways to make extra moolah. Here they are:
- Ebay - yes, my whole life is pretty much for sale right now. Not only do I despise clutter (there's no quicker way to get me in the Looney Bin), but I need hard cold cash for my crap. One Geekette's crap is another's treasure, or so I hear. So, I will shamelessly post the URL to my Ebay store & hope Google brings a few customers my way: http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=squash_goddess
- Amazon - Amazon if often over-looked by Ebayers as a potential way to peddle your crap for cash. In this case, it's more like books and gadgets, which in all fairness probably shouldn't be referred to as crap. But, to a person such as myself, anything that's in your house & cluttering it up is crap. So there we have it. Another shameless URL coming your way: http://www.amazon.com/shops/squash_goddess
- Cyber-begging - Ever hear of this innovative way to make $$? A friend of mine needed a new video camera, a rather high-end one (she's an Indie movie producer). Her solution? Create a cyber-begging account, post it to Facebook, and shamelessly ask friend and acquaintences to donate via her linked Paypal account. Pretty kewl, I thought. I don't have a cyber-begging account yet, but if sales don't go well (please refer to my other 2 shameless URLs above), I just may have to stoop this low!
- Elance - Well, I did have an account with them but had no luck on the few proposals I posted. Also, Elance pissed me off by emailing me one day to announce that the account I haven't used in 3 years was in violation of the user policy. Apparently, I had a link in my profile to my web site (which, in my defense, was NOTHING more than an about me website! It didn't even contain links to my online stores!). Horrors! I emailed Elance back & told them to just get rid of my account & that I had no idea what they were talking about. Yeesh! Just thought I'd throw that out there for other folks who might be looking for other means of income. Elance is a great place to get extra $$, esp. if you are in technology or for "virtual assitants".
- Grants/Scholarships, etc - Well, this could be a viable solution since I have the GPA, but after looking around, I discovered that the majority of scholarships are either for people with very specialized skills, without any degree to begin with (like, you are a single mother of 6+ kids with only a high school diploma), or are some rare species of human. I have a degree, my only skill is playing with PCs, & I'm a white female (with a touch of Native American). Wah.
PS - I hope this post isn't in violation of E-Bloggers rules, whatever they are...