I tried to access the Router from my Gateway Netbook and was able. Hmmm...
Later in the evening, I tried to access the Router again on my Netbook & could not. So, I thought about what had happened between earlier, when I could access the router, & later, when I could not. I had recently applied Windows updates.
I recalled at work where we were accessing a MS Access application (Data Access Page) across the company intranet. Everytime we had a problem accessing it, it was due to Windows updates where IE was affected. To fix it, we had to go into Tools>Internet Options>Security>Local Intranet>Sites>Advanced, and add the URL as a trusted site. Then we could access it. But everytime an update was applied to IE, we had to re-add it.
So, I figured what the heck, esp. knowing updates were recently applied. On my HP (IE 6.0), I added the IP to my list of trusted sites on the intranet.
After adding the Routers IP address to the list of trusted Intranet sites, I was able to access the router.
I'm now wondering if I'll have to do this everytime there's a new patch/hot fix, etc that involves IE...
Interesting note...after adding 192.168.1.1 as a trusted site on the intranet on my HP, I was also then able to access it from my Gateway Netbook (WinXP Home/IE 8).